Friday, October 23, 2009

For David Bromige

I was googling around the internet last night, searching for poetry blogs of interest. I discovered on this blog: http://ronsilliman.blogspot.com/ that yesterday was David Bromige's 76th birthday. Go to Ron Silliman's blog for great coverage of events in New York centered around Bromige's birthday.

I live in Sebastopol, where David lived. I manage a book and tea shop (you can find it here: www.manyriversbooks.com ) that was in walking distance of David's home. He used to stop by for tea; he liked herbal chai. He read at the store on a few occasions as well. He was enthusiastic about Many Rivers Books & Tea. One thing which really struck me about David was the easy and charming way he would offer his support to other poets. This support was always genuine, articulate, and meaningful.

So this is a brief thanks to David and to his legacy of generosity.

Thanks, David --

Jim Wilson

No comments: